Wednesday, February 24, 2016

I got a package!!!

I actually received my coffee maker!!!!  The AeroPress is AMAZING!  Seriously, I know that not everybody typically weighs their coffee and hot water; nor measures temperatures; pre-soaks the paper filter; times the bloom time and infusion time; and definitely remembers to stir the grounds and water mixture as it's draining through the filter...  But this is so easy and so good!!

Step 1:  Grind 100% arabica coffee with this Hario grinder (Thanks, Tabish!!).  I don't have my scale yet (Poste Italia...), so I use the 1-cup measure that's helpfully inscribed on the grinder.


Step 2: Put water and ground coffee in the bottom of the plunger.  Wait a couple seconds, and then use your hairy arms and slowly press the plunger down, producing an EXCELLENT cup of coffee!  Not bitter, not acidic, actually fruity and delicious!

Step 3:  Clean up by pushing out the "puck" of coffee directly into the trash.  Rinse everything under the sink.  Done!


Backstory -- the delivery:
So, when the delivery guy finally came yesterday (after I waited all day at home on Thursday, Friday, Monday, and then Tuesday...) he was insanely nice.  Smiling, laughing, talking to me at length.  And then he finished the delivery with "Hai patienza!"  (Have patience!)  

It's a good thing that he was so wonderful, or I would've been tempted to punch him.  WTF, ITALY?

No comments:

Post a Comment